If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Thursday, April 03, 2014

More Afghan Progress

I keep taking pictures of the afghan progress, but honestly, I think they all look the same. I'm not sure you can tell there's actually been any progress. So I'm just not going to post a picture this time. (It looks basically the same as the other pictures.)

But, trust me. It's grown. It's actually so bulky now that it's kind of a chore to get it in and out of the knitting bag. And this is the biggest project bag I have. (It's actually a carrier designed to carry a bunch of board games. So it's big.) I may have to finish it, just so I can have my bag back.

One thing that I've learned about this kind of project is: When you think you have enough yarn scraps to knit it, you probably don't. In fact, you probably have about half of what you need.

I think I could've done with another Magic Ball the size of the first. As it is, I've used the Magic Ball, another two balls the size of softballs, and a ball the size of a baseball. And I'd estimate that I'm about 3/4 of the way done. So I will be raiding the odds and ends of my yarn stash again.

Still, I recommend doing this to get rid of your bits and pieces. It looks great and it's very theraputic to just knit, knit, knit. Plus, if you're doing it during the winter months, you'll have a big squishy blanket covering your nap as you knit it. (Bonus!) I will have to hurry up with this, though. The weather is starting to change to Spring.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter