If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Friday, April 11, 2014

New UFO Started

I was just thinking that I didn't have enough on the needles. I mean, where's the challenge? So I decided to cast on another project.

Actually, this is for M and will go in the Christmas Knitting Box. It's Drops Design's Little Red Riding Slippers. Very cute boot-ish slippers with chunky cables and buttons.

The slipper part is worked on dpns, which are kind of a pain in the ass, but the upper part is done on straight needles. So that will kind of make up for it, I guess. (Until is comes time to sew the upper to the lower. Then I might not think it's so great, right?)

Still and all, it's bulky yarn, so it seems to be going pretty quickly. And it gives me the opportunity to mark the beginning of the round with one of the new stitch markers I made.

Stay tuned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter