If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Sunday, October 05, 2014

Allergies Are Killing Me

It is the worst time of year for me. This is the time of year that my allergies get really bad. Forgive me for being gross here, but my allergies get so bad and I have so much post-nasal drip that I tend to lose my voice around this time of year because my vocal chords are coated in snot.

Hey, I told you that was going to be gross.

So I have been taking my allergy meds. I stopped taking them back in the spring because I just couldn't stay awake when I took them. But somehow I thought it would be different this time. I don't know. Denial is a lovely thing, isn't it?

Anyway, I am taking my Zyrtec again--or rather, the cheaper Target version of Zyrtec--and I am so fuzzy and unfocussed. I can hardly stay awake for the whole day. Seriously. Twice this week I've taken a nap. And it's not that a nap helps much. It just keeps me from actually dropping to the floor.

I don't know if this is an effect of the Target brand or if my body just won't tolerate the Zyrtec any more. But I have to do something. I might just have to stop taking the Zyrtec and just deal with the inevitable voice loss and sinus pain.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter