If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Saturday, November 22, 2014

Cutting Back

Yes, it is the time of year when your old friend Patwoman takes a look at what is left to do on the Holiday Knitting List and tries to determine whether she will have time to do it cuts back on a bunch of things on the Holiday Knitting List.

This one makes a lot of sense, though. It's the Winter Is Coming Scarf for T. First of all, I work so much now that I'm not sure I have time to finish something so intricate. But also, I am with T most of the time, so it's hard to knit something charted like that with him around.

But thirdly, and this is really the most important reason: as I knitted this, I realized that the words would be backward on the reverse side. And I don't like that. So I had to rip back about 6 inches to get to the part before the first W.

Boo. Ripping back.

However, I must say that knitting is much faster this way... Even double knitting. So, I've kept the dire wolf on the end (and will keep the one on the other end too) and I'm knitting the middle of it grey on one side and black on the other. I might get time to duplicate stitch the words on one side, too.

Might.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter