If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Sunday, January 11, 2015

FO: Gallatin Scarf Version 2

What a difference following the pattern makes, eh? This is the second time around knitting the Gallatin Scarf. Same yarn, Red Heart Boutique Unforgettable in Tidal. (I actually only used about 20 yards from the 2nd skein for both of the scarves.)

This is a very pretty, very quick scarf to knit. It's also very easy, if you actually read the pattern instead of watch TV.

I don't know that this would be a scarf for me, though. It gets cold here in Indiana. Maybe not as cold as Norway or Alaska, but still cold. I like a little more substance in my scarves. Like enough scarf to keep my head from moving at all. I am, after all, a delicate hothouse flower.

But, these will make good gifts for my friends in warmer areas. You know, those places where people start whining about how they're freezing to death when it dips down to 55 degrees are not used to the cold. I have most of one skein of this left, which I believe will be enough for a set of fingerless mitts. I might come back to this later and make one of these a set.

But, for now, I've got to bust a move and get some other things knitted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter