If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Saturday, March 07, 2015

Not Knitting, But Knitted

Check this out. It's another birthday present for Bre--a felted purse.

Now, full disclosure: I didn't knit this. It's a 100% lambswool sweater that I got from Goodwill a while back. It wouldn't fit me and frankly, I couldn't wear it if it did--it would be way too warm for me. But the cabling is just fantastic on this sweater and I could not pass it up. I felted it in the washer and made it into a purse.

These wooden handles are perfect for it. So is this gold satin for the lining. (I learned, during the sewing of the lining that satin is very slippery to sew.)

I must say, I'm really happy with the way this turned out. It's a great size, super cute, and really kind of classic looking. I think I want one just like it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter