If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Sharing Is Caring

Since I've been away for a while, I thought I'd share some of what's been happening over the last month. The big event, of course, was R's wedding. Check it out:

They're very cute, right?

It was an outdoor wedding, with perfect weather. I cried like a baby. A big, fabulously dressed baby who cried every time my son looked at me. But, you know. Emotions. And then, when I got it under control, it was time for the mother/son dance. And Ry had picked out the song I used to sing to him when he was a baby!

Robot. Heart. Melting.

Seriously. Why am I so emotional now? I used to be hard. As hard as the rock in that old rock 'n' roll. (Oh, wait. That might be another song. Hm.) Maybe that's what happens when you are a mom and your kid gets married? Here's a pic of my mom at my wedding.

On a side note, look at my dad checking out my mom's butt as she walks. What a perv.

The wedding went wonderfully (aside from that one crazy redhead bawling her eyes out) and luckily, I didn't drop the sand in the sand ceremony, like I did at rehearsal. I'm pretty sure that would not have been as funny as it was at rehearsal, when--out of embarassment at dropping my jar--I yelled "Ta-dah!".

That's me in the blue dress, not dropping the sand.

Here's a really good shot of M and her boy, plus T's mom and dad behind them.

And my bro and his family came down for the wedding, so that was really nice. Here's R before the wedding, with the Fabulous Miss A.

Miss A and I spent some quality time together, with me teaching her to knit. She did a good job with it. I'm hoping she continues.

More stuff tomorrow. I've got plenty to catch you up on!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter