If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Monday, July 06, 2015

Fair Season Is Upon Us

You know I love the fair. It's one of my favorite parts about summer. (My other favorite parts are No Snow, and Gencon.) If I'm honest, though, it's not the fair I love, so much as fair food.

I almost always start off with grilled corn on the cob. (If it's a vegetable, then it's ok, right?) But I was reading an article about this year's "in" fair food.

I'm interested in Fried Lemonade (you had me at "fried") and Fried Buckeyes. I'm not so sure about Fried Oreos, though. Oreos are one of those things that are just fine the way they are. The article says the centers liquefy. I wonder if that is a good thing?

The donut burger is a no. I've seen those for several years, so they're hardly new. I'm just not a huge fan of Krispy Kreme. And I feel like the sandwich would be too messy to eat. There is no place to wash your hands at the fair, folks. Those bathroom faucets don't ever work.

My favorite thing on this list is the deep-fried Superstick--dough, pepperoni, pepperjack cheese. That's like a deep dish pizza, right there. And you know I loves me some pizza.

Our state fair is in August. I will, of course, be posting pictures of every single thing I eat there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter