If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Sunday, July 05, 2015

Knitted Summer Jewelry

Remember the Ringbearer Pillow? It's from the book 101 Designer One-Skein Patterns. Well, I still have that book on the side table in my living room from when I knit the Ringbearer Pillow. Don't you judge me. It's not that I was too lazy to put it back on the shelf. It's that I enjoy reading knitting patterns and looking at the pictures of knitted items. I've been thumbing through this book pretty regularly, even though I've had it for years and have been cover to cover through it.

Anyway, one of my favorite patterns from this book is the Scallop-Edge Beaded Necklace. I've made it several times--for myself and for gifts. It's fun and much easier than it looks. And it looks great.

So, I'd gotten this single skein of Patons Grace cotton yarn in Wildberry on clearance at Michael's. (You know I can't resist a clearance sale on yarn.) This picture doesn't really do it justice. I would say the color is a little too pink to be coral and a little too coral to be pink. But it reminds me of summer. Summer ice cream. Summer flowers. Or my favorite summertime drink, Strawberry Skyy Lemonade.

I made these two necklaces the other night, while watching TV. One is for M and one is for Bre. M's has silvery-white beads and Bre's has dusty pink beads. The necklaces knit up pretty quickly, but it does take some time to string 178 beads. (It takes even longer when you keep dropping beads.)

This skein is still about 2/3 full, so I may have to do some more of these necklaces. I also have a few of my own patterns I'd like to experiment with. Stay tuned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter