If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Saturday, January 16, 2016

Yarn Organizing

Since we have moved, and since my hand doesn't allow me to do any actual knitting, I've been organizing my yarn stash. It's been a process, let me tell you.

First of all, I had no idea I had so much yarn. I mean, I knew I had a lot, but I thought it was a managable lot. It's actually way out of control. I'm not even going to post a picture here because I probably have more yarn than most LYS. It's cold sheep for me, baby!

But secondly, as I was packing all my yarn I found yarn that I had bought for a purpose and then couldn't find it. So I had bought it a second time. I'm not complaining about finding the original yarn. Or even having this extra yarn. I'm just frustrated that I couldn't find it when I needed it.

So, I am trying to find some way to keep track of all this yarn (and notate it when I use it). I've devised a spreadsheet to list the yarn, weight, yardage, color, and characteristics. Hopefully, that will help me keep track. Now I just need to inventory it all.

T is not a big help in this matter, though. I told him I was shocked I had so much yarn and he immediately offered to get me another storage stack of drawers. I told him no, I really just need to use this yarn. I don't need an excuse to buy more because I suddenly have empty storage drawers. 

Bless him, he says. "But it makes you happy. Why wouldn't you buy yarn if it makes you happy?"

You see what I'm up against? But, so far my resolve has held. 16 days without buying yarn so far this year. 

Pray for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter